Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Power washer small oil leak and extra parts after carb clean!

Posted by bigjo911 none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 15:28

I took on a small project from a craigslist sale. Its a Mi T M commercial grade pressure washer. I took the carb apart, clean it and waited weeks for the gaskets to come in through a local dealer. Subaru parts are not easy to get.

After replacing the gaskets and carb I had left over two small cylindrical stainless tubes that should have gone back on the rails the carb and gaskets go though. I have no idea where these 2 pieces go or if it is relevant but I have a small oil leak around the spark plus area now. Very small and only when the machine is running.

1) where do these small hollow cylindrical stainless tubes go.

2) Is the oil leak due to the parts above not replaced?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Power washer small oil leak and extra parts after carb clean!

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 20:55

I've seen these small tubes used when a thick gasket is put over the mounting studs to keep it from compressing too much, or on a thick air cleaner flange. Think along those lines. I don't believe there is any connection between your spark plug and those tubes. Did you make the plug tight, 15 foot pounds torque or so?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here