Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

brushers replaced in Black & Decker Hedge Hog # HH2450

loger_gw
9 years ago

Is it reasonable in cost or time to have brushers replaced in Black & Decker Hedge Hog # HH2450? A Friend asked me where he could get his intermitting Hedge Hog Trimmer repaired. I ask him to let me check it with my ohmmeter. It showed continuity that should be working. Since he said it was intermitting, I took a look inside ("too many screws and time") but the look paid off with a problem found other than needing brushers.

A once soldered wire was loose in it's socket and I crimped the socket onto the wire for testing vs soldering. It worked fine w/o intermitting even though I did not try it before the inspection. I'll suggest to the owner that whoever service the brushers solder the wire back in the socket also.

It is the white wire in the attachment that came loose as I moved wires looking for a loose connection. The owner used the fair quality looking trimmer on his few hedges only. One brush looked excessively worn shorter for 5 years of use IMO. Have any of you had personal experiences servicing, getting service or using Black & Decker Hedge Hog # HH2450?

Comments (5)