Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Craftsman Platinum Mower model 917.376536 runs choked only?

loger_gw
10 years ago

What would cause a Craftsman Platinum Mower model 917.376536 to run choked only?

1. If I manually choke it vs it choking itself it runs as long as itâÂÂs choked.

2. It appears something is missing that should cause it to choke, what would that be?

3. Running with the choke on is typically a sign of sucking air but from where with good fuel lines and carb connection?

4. We added fresh fuel with a little carb cleaner added but d/n run it over :10.

5. Fuel runs good with the bowlâÂÂs float dropped, could it still be a swollen seat restricting fuel w/o chocking?

6. Any opinions?

This mower was on what I thought was a scrap metal collectorâÂÂs truck that sat on the curb the last two nights. Seeing the owner, I asked if it ran and he said it did and just stopped. I asked if he wanted to donate it and he replied no due to the 400.00+ he said it cost and would like to get it repaired. Seeing the electric start self propel and Etc I felt it cost $400.00 + and could possibly be in warranty. After seeing how I could make it run, heâÂÂs taking it back to Sears to see if they will help him.

Due to asking for it as a donation, I was embarrassed enough to do the quick troubleshooting and he is to let me know what Sears suggest or Etc..

Comments (4)