Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

McCulloch high, low limiters?

chas045
10 years ago

I have that McCulloch Mac3200 in the other current post. I thought it wiser to start a new post since I have a different issue now. This saw had always started easily and run well for many years. I suppose it is not too surprising that I am having problems getting the carb. adjusted after I took the saw almost completely apart to get at the oiler which was my only issue. After several starts that I couldn't keep running, I found that the oiler is now working. I did have to take the carb off in order to reattach the throttle linkage, but as far as I can tell, I didn't disturb the settings although since continuous running failure, I have now fooled with them a little.

These limiters prevent me from determining a one turn out set point. I am hoping to remove them but I have no experience with them and I certainly don't want to break the adjustment screws. These limiters are set in a plastic housing that appears to be formed into the carb. body. It wraps around the two screws and limiters in an almost closed up C shape. I can imagine that the limiters may have been pressed onto the screws by expanding the C opening slightly to allow them to be rammed thru. I would expect I could therefore pull or push a limiter back thru the housing by widening the C with the flat of a flat screwdriver; but the limiters haven't budged.

Does anyone have experience with this (or similar) limiting caps? Do you think I am on the right track. I don't want to break the adjusters. Of course, I might just get lucky with the limited settings (

Comment (1)