Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
r1013

Homelite weed eater wont stay running

r1013
13 years ago

I have a Homelite wwedeater thats two years old. A few weeks ago when I cranked it, it ran for about 10 mins and then died.

Everytime I recranked it, it would run for about 10-20 secs and then die. It last longer with the choke on half and wont crank at all unless the choke is on full.

The first thing I did two weeks ago, was to check the air filter and it was ok. I then pulled out the fuel lines and blew through them and they were fine. I checked the gas tank and it is also clean.

This morning I rebuilt and cleaned the the carburetor with a kit. One of the gaskets was really hard and the screen filter was completely clogged. All that is as good as new now.

I tried running it again and it the same thing???

Any suggestions?

Comments (2)

• r1013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I also took off the muffler and checked it because dirt dobbers had built a nest in there last year, but this time it was all clean.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

rl: Your going to have to buy some concentrated fuel cleaner , Put some in the fuel tank (1 ounce) also spray some in the carb circuits (remove the jets) and flush them
    out with the spray . Carb kit alone will not remove the
    internal gum and varnish . Use Stabil next time .

Note: If you unit has a vented gas cap ensure you can blow through it (not plugged) .