Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help identifying tiller

Posted by afuzzy420 none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 18:29

I have a old tiller i bought a while back and this year i broke the carburetor off of it.To replace the carb i need to know what engine is on it.It says garden way on the base of the handle bars and has a serial number on the chasis above the right wheel.i was told it was a troy built but an old one like late 70's early 80's...theres no numbers stamped any where on the motor.i can give more pics if needed.Our local shops haven't been any help, they keep telling me they need to know what engine is on it.Any help would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help identifying tiller

Your tiller is in fact a Troy-Bilt, probably late 1970's vintage. Engine is a Tecumseh HH60. Although Tecumseh has gone out of business, a lot of parts are still available through the trade and on Ebay.

o

thank you, this has been an adventure to find out what you just told me.It's a great tiller don't think they make them like this anymore.I was scared i wouldn't be able to fix it...Can you tell me by chance where i can get a manual for this beast?

o

Because your tiller is PTO model and electric start it would been in 1980's you need to join yahoo troybilt tiller group Bill Roger owner of group has dealer ship and can supply all info you need site has photo and files on tiller. I have 5 old troybilt tillers. Your serial number tell more about tiller number on transmission case above right tire (not cover).

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 21:31

You will easily find a carb for this. That's why I have the bumper on mine.

o

Definitely TroyBuilt. I have a 5hp horse, pull start ~ 1982?

The bumper probably saves the carb from some mishaps, also required to install the 3' dozer/snow blade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here