Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old troy-bilt horse throttle linkage problem

Posted by insecthunter PA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 18:52

I just purchased an old troy-bilt horse tiller from my grandfather. The problem is that the throttle linkage is not connected some where along the way. The throttle cable is attached and moves the lever and spring on the outside of the plate to which it is attached. However between that and the rod that controls the valve in the carb there is no connection to move the throttle rod. Does anyone have a diagram that shows what this linkage should look like so that I can fix it? I have looked all over this site as well as on the internet but to no avail. The serial number is 495399 and it has an 8hp briggs and straton engine. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old troy-bilt horse throttle linkage problem

Do you have the engine model and type? Maybe the spring behind the control where the cable attaches is gone.

o
RE: Old troy-bilt horse throttle linkage problem

Give me a day or two and I will post some pictures of how it is hooked up I have an 8 HP B&S on mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here