Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air Compressor, Pump Or What Attached?

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 19:34

Air Compressor, Pump Or What Attached?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air Compressor, Pump Or What Attached?

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 5:38

Is it a hydraulic pump with the tank as the reservoir?

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 8:45

Yep, specifically a "shallow well" (<25 feet) water pump. The suction line would be attached to the brass coupling, discharge is at the ...what looks to be a garden hose quick disconnect after the valve on top. The black box on the right side is the on/off pressure switch, typically, 20 and 40 PSI respectively. If you want to pump water with it, you'll need a suction line with a "foot valve." Priming would be by the blue plug on top of the pump casing under the flex hose feeding the tank.

If you want more info, email me and I'll take you through suction line size, foot valves, strainers, priming, etc.

Have fun,

Ev

o

Thanks exmar! A reply on the other board (below) and yours should help O/P.

" It almost looks like a shallow well pump more than it looks like an air compressor.

On edit it is a well pump I had to think about it for a few minutes but its a shallow well pump sitting on a pressure tank. Judging by the plumbing on it someone may have set it up to run an irrigation system off of their well. The beeping that the op heard I'm guessing is the sound of the pump attempting to prime itself.
Had I not just installed a new well pump for my aunt I wouldn't have recognized what it was "

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here