Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cub Cadet Weed Eater Repair Help!

Posted by snpower1973 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 20:51

Greetings ��

I have a CC3000 weed eater that has been great!. Recently, the 'head' would not spin consistently. A guy that does some side work for me took it for repair and replaced the clutch. Problem is, the symptom is the same. I have verified that the flex shaft is intact, properly lubed, and that it turns freely. I have also made sure that the spindle/head assembly turns freely as well. This guy also swapped out the spindle/head assembly during the repair. I am out of ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cub Cadet Weed Eater Repair Help!

It sounds like you and the repairman are missing something worn or broken in the drive train (from clutch to head). I see you have verified most or all needed item items to be in working conditions.

My suggestions:

1. Remove the shaft and cable to the trimmer's head. Start the trimmer and add resistance with a wooden rod. Check the square shaft connection close (on shaft, in clutch) for wear and torque with the wooden rod. Verify you have torque going to the head by pressing against the rod with it running.

2. If the power at the head and clutch tested OK. Manually test the cable and string head by forcing resistance between the two (vise and hands or vise-grips and hands).

3. If the cable and string's head checks OK. Make cure the cable is seated in the clutch and string heads. With manual torque if a small screw driver or etc will let you hold the clutch and manually torq head.

Good Luck, loger

PS. Post pics of possible problems if needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here