Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo Power head tools

Posted by dmullen Southern CA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 21:04

I have been looking for a hedge trimmer on a long shaft. Home Depot used to stock them but now, they are only available on line. In place of that, Home Depot has a Power Head that attaches to a hedge trimmer, pole saw, blower etc.

I could also use a pole saw to this appears to be an attractive option but I have never used one and am wondering if this would be better choice that separate tools.

Does anyone here have any advice on which one to buy?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo Power head tools

I just bought one with the tiller atachment, my wife loves it. Also got the pole saw for my birthday but haven't used it yet. Your local Echo dealer will have the same price as Home depot, you'll get better service there. Steve

o

Steve

Thanks for the response. I will go to the dealers and see what they have to offer. I hadn't thought about the dealer having similar pricing. It seems like a cheaper option than buying each individual tool.

o

I like that system, my dealer gave me $10 off on each piece, not much but better than nothing. Home depot was the same price as the dealer before he gave me $10 off, not to say they may go on sale at Home depot for less. Thw dealer set it up and mailed in the warrenty for me. Echo makes good products, no real cheezy homeowner junk. Steve

o

I went to the Home Depot website today and found that they offer two engines on their powerhead. One is an 21++ CC and the other is 25+ CC and I don't know how much difference that would make in performance and handling. What size engines do you have?

Thanks

o

I bought the 21cc model as it wont get a lot of heavy use, the salesman said the only thing that used a lot of power is the power broom. Steve

o

I have used the Echo power head system since 2007, and it's a great system. I have the string trimmer, edger, brush cutter, articulated hedge trimmer, and pole pruner. I also have the 3-foot extension, which makes the pole pruner and hedge trimmer much more useful. I am a homeowner, not a landscape pro, and I appreciate having only one 2-cycle engine to maintain. The changeover is 1 or 2 minutes at most. The power head and the attachments hang on hooks in my shed, and take up much less space than separate machines would.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here