Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
acquired small lawn service

Posted by lawnslayer63 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 21:39

I just acquired a small lawn service (14 customers) which contain, along with a nice tandem trailer with racks, the following equipment: \FS-12 pole hedge trimmer
2 ea. FS85 string trimmers
1 ea. HS45 hedge trimmer
1 ea. BR420 backpack blower
1 ea. Snapper 33 inch RER with 17 hp B&S. (with bagger)

To this I've added my own equipment:
JD L130 tractor
1 ea. HS45 hedge trimmer (gonna trade it for a 4 stroke edger)
1 ea. Redmax G24CH string trimmer
1 ea. Homelite string trimmer
1 ea. Stihl FS120 pole saw
I troy-built Bronco tractor

There's other misc stuff too, like sprayers, chain saws, pruners, etc.

I have one comment: That Redmax has been in heavy duty service for 7 years, I finally had to put a new carb in it. Now it's back to running like new, and it does anything those stihl units do, only better. It's quieter, lighter, more powerful, better balanced, and the line feeder works much better. When that stihl stuff starts wearing out, it will be replaced with redmax exclusively....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: acquired small lawn service

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 23:50

Both are good products but in our area, there are few RedMax dealers. Distributor support has been poor. One rep told me they dropped the line because the factory did not support them. Will be interesting to see what Husqvarna does with it.

o

That will be interesting. I wonder if they will roll that technology into one of their other lines. It is good stuff but like some other very fine products out there, they don't have distribution and support.

o

Are you telling me that Husky bought Redmax?

o

If you intend to start a lawn service business--better check with an insurance company for your protection! Too many cretins out there, just waiting to get rich because you ran over their weeds, or stuck a stick in the windshield of their car, or worse!

o

Thanks, I've already checked on that, $100,00o for property damage and 250K for personal liability for $139 a month. Not too bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here