Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannook

Homelite XL-1 Chainsaw recoil spring and pully

SHANNOOK
10 years ago

Hello Folks !'st timer here,

Ok here it is, I am refurbishing a Red Homelite XL-1 Automatic chainsaw . Problem is, It is missing it's recoil spring and I cannot find any info on the net on how it should look or how it is installed, It requires a spring that goes right under the double bolted cover above the pully, the opposite of most recoilers. I think it is missing a piece at the center of the recoil pully that is suppose to grab the recoil spring....The other end clicks onto the cover slot. Does anyone have one of these saws or a recoiler for one of these saws that you can give me a visual look or info about this problem Once again ...The saw is a Red XL-1 Homelite automatic. Thank you

Comments (4)

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

Please post a pic showing your area in question.
    Check the part attached and eBay at the link below to see if those parts will help.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=homelite+recoil

Here is a link that might be useful: Check Here

• SHANNOOK
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello loger,

Here is a pic of the part. The spring is just an old lawn mower one for trying to figure out what is missing.

• SHANNOOK
    Original Author
    10 years ago

her'es the other side of the pully

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

Good Pics!

Search: Homelite XL-1 Automatic chainsaw recoil youtube

1. I saw some info there that I feel will be helpful but a link/address that I tried to post will not take me back there.

2. Are you close to a Small Engine Repair Shop or Libraries that will probably have old manuals?