Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Articulating hedge trimmer

Posted by bordello Arizona (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 8:19

Hi All,
I'm new here so hope y'all are not too hard on me. LOL
I taking care of a commercial property for a friend, a fair amount of med. size shrubs and a few taller ones.

I'm looking at short reach pole hedge trimmers, probably don't need the multi tool one but am not against it except for price.

Looking at Shindaiwa AHS242 being as my dealer carries that brand along with Stihl. Brand wise, does this sound like a good choice??? (I have the Stihl FS 55 string trimmer from them and would like to stay with the dealer as they do all repairs on site)

Thanks for any help/opinions given,
Have a great week,

Bordello

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Articulating hedge trimmer

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 9:47

Shindaiwa is an excellent brand, will last a long time with proper care.

o

Thanks for the input,was wondering how Shindaiwa compares to other brands.(kawasaki or echo)

Regards,
Bordello
Will order this weekend I think

o

A wise decision in sticking with a true sales and service dealer.

o

I have the M242 with short reach articulate hedge attachment. Come out to be like the AHS242. I really like it. The problem I have is the gas filter work itself into the neck of the tank and won't get gas. String two of the 1/4" nut onto the line close to the filter will help a lot.

Shindaiwa have promotion on the M242 or M2510 all the time with free string trimmer attachment. I got that off this promotion and I think it's worthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here