Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fuel filter, non fuel pump engine

Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 9:51

Hi Folks,

Raining like there's no tomorrow here, heading out to the barn to do "odds and ends," one of them is adding a fuel filter to a Generac GenSet. Suddenly occurred to me, I've never seen a fuel filter on a small engine that doesn't have a fuel pump? Will they work with a simple gravity feed system? I've been know to research very carefully, then take aim and shoot myself in the foot....:-)

Filter I have is a Kohler, 75 micron, selected that one as it has 3/16" barbs to fit existing fuel line.

Thanks for your time,

Ev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fuel filter, non fuel pump engine

Briggs uses 150 micron for gravity & 75 for fuel pump engines.

o
RE: fuel filter, non fuel pump engine

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 10:36

Thanks Bill, "Crosshairs were aligned...." :-) Well, got other places to use that filter. Now the search begins for a 150 micron with 3/16" barbs. May just "bite the bullet" and replace the fuel line with 1/4" and use hose clamps on the barbs at each end.

Thanks again,

Ev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here