Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stihl 041 farm boss

Posted by burngogi none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 10:51

started it for first time this year ran about 45 seconds then I shut it off. cleaned andbar and chain saw. refilled bar oiler and lubed chain with DuPont Teflon spray lube and udjusted the chain.went to start and the rope got violently pull out of my hand?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stihl 041 farm boss

Itsa farm Boss So Whatsya Problemo !

o

Just for grins, pull the plug and pull the starter through a few times, If the Plug is OK , put it back in and try.. There is a plastic clutch dog in there that is 35 yrs old and other stuff too My FB is still on its original ignition set. I am on the 3rd dog. It is a 10 $ part. I'm just guessing. Mine has always started or at least popped by the 5th pull. . I bought mine back in '77. About the same time, my picked up a returned Sears saw ( Poulan) for about 25 % of what I paid for the FB He still has it . It is his trimmer. Just as reliable . My last job was replacing the string. It needs a new gas line, not the cobbled together stuff on there. After 35 yrs , its due.

o

will follow up thanks

o

left it sit with fresh gas few days and berrysman carb cleaner pulled 3 times no ripping cord out of my hand and started up and has run well except won't idle to long time for utube and idle adjustment

o

Great to see you took Andy's advice and replaced the recoil clutch Dog !

o

Try turning the low adjuster in a little, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 turn. If better leave it ,if worse open it a little more than it was. Steve

o

andyman, Did you get the Little 16 -18” Poulan S25 in the mid/late 70s? It was and still is a Super Saw for my use. I have never had or wanted anything larger even though I cut some large wood (12 " - 30” dia when needed “Back Then”). I have had the saw in three Versions/Colors but all S25s. Original Green then Gold marked Poulan, later Red marked Craftsman with electronic ignition. Backups to the original that lost a wrist pin keeper that ruined the cylinder. I wish the monsters had primer bulbs as I use them less in my young age (2-3 pulls vs 5 unless I manually prime). LOL

o

I left out that the Poulan is my brother's. I'm a hack compared to him.

o

Loger: Yep thats the vintage Poulan that was considered a REAL Saw , not like the girly saws from offshore that are on the box store shelves today. Its a shame that such a great saw company has been ruined by Junk from China.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here