Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Trimmer....Carb Adj. Screws...No Slots??

Posted by brit101 Z3 Que. (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 12:33

My friends carb adj. screws on his Craftsman trimmer do not have slots for a screwdriver blade for adjusting, but splined sides. Top is smooth, but the sides have splines, which make me think they take a special tool to fit over the head, female like for lack of a better term.

Am I correct or are they caps? Any of you have experience to share. Sorry no mod.# but it is a straight shaft model, with green shroud.(yes know it isn't much of a help but all I have.)

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Trimmer....Carb Adj. Screws...No Slots??

Those caps are on there to keep home mechanics from adjusting the carburetor, which will ruin the settings for emissions control! They can be removed, but, if you take it in for repairs that you can't handle, the shop will charge you for re-installing the caps, so i was informed. I think they might have hidden slots under the caps, maybe-maybe not! And, they might have a special tool for that, but i don't know about that.
Rustyj

o

the newer carb adjusting screws take a special tool to adjust the mixture needles...this tool is only avaialble to service centers

o

I just use red electrical butt connecters, which fit on
snugly and can adjust it that way.

Fish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here