Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Hate My Stihl FS40C Trimmer

Posted by MizAnnThrope none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 12:44

Besides the fact that it's just sooo loud, the string breaks constantly. Took it back to the place I bought it, and they said the string it came with had grooves in it, so it tended to break more easily, plus they made sure it was loaded correctly, which it was. They sold me new Stihl string - .080" dia - but it breaks just as often. Not happy that I paid $200+ for this thing, hate it, and never use it, so I'm hoping that someone might have some advice to help me like it/use it.
Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Hate My Stihl FS40C Trimmer

Will it support a hard blade? That was my solution and ear muffs. Otherwise I feel there is a Commercial adapter that will allow much heavier pre cut line (that you can cut yourself). I noticed them used along the park’s walking trail and was told the line wears out vs breaking (another piece is threaded in).

Basically it’s an aluminum disc the pre cut line is treaded onto. Hopefully, someone will know this item and share a Pic or link.

o

Have you tried advancing the line more often? How long do you trim for at a time?

o

I have a pair of earplugs on a string that work well for me. If you shop at Walmart, their sporting goods section has ear plugs, ear muffs, and safety glasses with ear plugs attached.

Grass Gator is one brand of trimmer head adapters that was previously mentioned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here