Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo GT-225 Trimmer

Posted by leeave96 VA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 13:30

I am looking for a lightweght string trimmer that my Wife and teenage kids can use when I am out of town on business travel.

Easy to start, lightweight and a very simple to refill string head.

I found an Echo GT-225 at Home Depot for about $169 and looks like it would fit the bill. It is lightweight, looks straight forward to use and I like Echo dependability. Though for myself, I like a tap and go string head, I'd like something more simple to refill and this echo has a pretty slick head that you simply insert a pre-cut piece of string into the head.

Doesn't look like you can adjust the carb, but that doesn't concern me to much with an Echo product.

Any thoughts on this trimmer, operation, reliability? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Bil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo GT-225 Trimmer

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 15:03

I have an older Echo I am very happy with, it is a good brand. Try a speed feed head, a Shindaiwa design, on the Echo. Loading is a snap, more convenient than constantly stopping and re filling the Kwik Feed. Oregon also offers it with multiple adapters to allow mounting to most brands.

o

I bought the SRM-225 at Home Depot last year. This is their lowest priced straight shaft trimmer. Mine has the u-turn head. So far the head works well and is extremely easy to reload. I think both the GT-225 and SRM-225 have the same 21.2 cc. engine. It is extremely powerful for it's size and runs well so far. The whole machine seems to be well made. I think I paid around $235 or $240. including tax. I did not have to spend more to get what I needed for my purposes (grass and light weed trimming).

o

Has to be one of the Best little Trimmers out there for the Buck !

o

I would recommend ECHO anything to anybody.

o

I highly recommend the Echo GT 225 Trimmer. I almost bought a 4 cycle trimmer but this trimmer is light & has a lot of power. It is simple to operate and so far, is very reliable. I have a lot of weeds close to a creek & this trimmer plows right through them. I like the trimming head & personally do not like bump & run heads. Follow the directions before starting & you are ready to go. I bought at Home Depot & the machine was already assembled. I liked that a lot. I also notice that you can purchase .085" string & cut to proper length which is a cheaper way to go rather buying pre cut string. This is a solid machine & at $169 it is a very good buy. It even came with safety glasses, 2 cycle oil & extra string. String loading into the head is easy. I like!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here