Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best sprayer for glyphosate-like chemicals?

Posted by philosopher Zone 5a WI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 14:57

hi--i just spent half a day using a tiny old plastic pump sprayer to spray glyphosate between my lannonstone in the backyard. without getting into the use of glyphosate (i know there are passionate emotions about it--note that i bought a generic), can someone please recommend the best tool to effectively spray this stuff in a targeted manner? my right arm is aching from pumping that plastic contraption about 6 million times.

thank you so much in advance--

kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best sprayer for glyphosate-like chemicals?

Well, I use whatever pump sprayer is convenient. Currently I have one that actually says Roundup on it. I often have it set so the spray pattern is fairly narrow, and for cracks, keep it close to the ground.

o

I have plastic sprayers fron 2 liter size to 15 gal. that sits in the trailer behind the lawn mower which powers the pump, all work for Roundup.

o

• Posted by zenman Ottawa KS 5b (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 11:04

The spray nozzle itself is important. You don't want the kind that makes a fine mist, because Glyphosate will kill pretty much any plant, broad leaved or narrow leaved. So use something that has minimal spray drift. You might consider removing the spray nozzle altogether, and just dribble the stuff into the cracks between flagstones or whatever. Avoid spray drift with glyphosate.

o

• Posted by zenman Ottawa KS 5b (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 22:19

Incidentally, Glyphosate does not work as a pre-emergent weed killer. It only works on growing plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here