Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compare Kohler XT-7 and Honda GC190 engine.

Posted by yungman (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 15, 09 at 15:29

I saw two pressure washer one with Kohler XT-7 and one with HOnda GC190.

The Honda one is a little more because it is a little larger. My question is which one is a better engine that last longer.

Kohler XT-7 use in a some low end commercial mower. It has iron lining but it is rated "moderate" on emmision durability.

Honda has no iron lining but Honda dose have good review.

Both are the same brand so I assume the pumps are equal. Just want to get some opinion here.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compare Kohler XT-7 and Honda GC190 engine.

I think you try to analyze too much.

The weakest link in a pressure washer is not the engine, but the pump.

Which is better Briggs or Tecumseh, Ford or Chevy, Honda or Toyota? Depends on who you ask.

And the beat goes on.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 22, 09 at 21:42

+1 to evdpgh

o

I have a Kohler XT-7 motor on a Husky Pressure Washer. The entire affair looks good, and particularly the Kohler motor. But, that is where the good part ends. My machine has less than two hours on it and it is essentially useless.

It was hard to start straight out of the box, but eventually with both my wife and myself trying we got it running. While running it operated OK and it did an good job. Our mistake was ever shutting it down. After laying up through the winter we tried to get this piece of junk going again this Spring - and you guessed it, it would not start no matter what. Not only that, it leaked gasoline freely after priming and pulling the start cord - apparently the cheap little plastic choke valve got stuck, and I could not get it to stop. The entire tank of gas ran out on the floor. I had to pull it outside onto the driveway for safety as it is a total danger to life and property.

I pulled the breather cover off and was amazed at the cheapness of the carburetor and throttle/choke assembly. The little rubber primer thingy is a complete joke and obviously will never last more than a season or two. My grandchildren have cheap plastic toys built to higher standards. There can be no pride in manufacturing cheap junk like this.

DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING WITH A KOHLER ENGINE ON IT. I KNOW I NEVER WILL AGAIN.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here