Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-bilt Bush cutter

Posted by olddawg NH (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 15:34

I'm not impressed with the blade that comes with the attachment.
Anyone know of an aftermarket blade?
Prefer metal so I can take down some of these 3" saplings.

Thank you in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-bilt Bush cutter

I'm not sure how strong the Troy Bilt model is. It may not be designed for heavier brush applications. However that does not mean you can't do it. Check if Troy Bilt recommends any type of blade. If they explicitly say not to or don't mention it then, I'd try the smallest lightest blade you can find. There are some three blade units out that look fairly light. Take it slow and easy and you should be okay. If your unit has a flexible shaft it is likely less able to handle brush cutting. Typically solid shafts are used when brush cutting is an intended purpose. With that said, I use my flexible shaft a couple times a year for the last 4 years doing brush cutting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here