Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stihl BR400

Posted by elacesar NY (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 16:07

Hello all I just wanted to know if I could get some help with my blower that wont start all of a sudden.. I tried doing all of the regular troubleshooting such as checking for spark and then pouring a litle mixed gas/oil in the plug hole and it does start for a few seconds.. I took apart the carb and cleaned it up nice with new needle and new gaskets but this doesnt have a primer like other blowers.. Any help will be appreciated cause this is a good and strong blower so it is worth it.. Thanks again all

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stihl BR400

The TS stuff that comes to mind is: Make sure the fuel line is not blocked/kinked/damaged. Is the fuel filter clogged? If puring some gas in the plug hold gives you some results, that can only mean the problem is with the fuel delivery system. I had a probem like this on my Husky 165BT abd what happened was while I was in heavy brush, a branch cought the fuel return line and yanked it out of the tank.

o

Thanks i will check that tonight..

o

• Posted by cedgo zone6IL (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 14, 09 at 8:43

Also check muffler spark arrestor screen.

o

G'day mate!
What was the outcome? My BR400 won't start today either. I did find a loose spade connector. I replaced that then I found a sharp 90 degree bend in the HT lead which stretched under tension. I have made a temporary join in that with a bullet connector. I pulled out the ignition coil and gave the faces on the flywheel and ignition a quick clean. Now I need to know the gap setting for the ignition system between it and the flywheel.
Cheers Kevin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here