Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmullen_gw

Source of replacement handle for corona H29 lopper

dmullen
12 years ago

My very old Corona H29 loppers have served me well. They were built in the USA. They are very large (37" long and will cut up to 3" branches.

Some time ago, Corona stopped sharpening used tools and also apparently stopped selling replacement parts too. I have not been able to get parts for many years.

Today, I found out that their tools are made in Mexico and Spain. I guess that is why I cannot find a wooden handle for my loppers.

Does anyone here know where to get a replacement handle for these loppers. I have tried Google but had no luck.

If I cannot find a replacement handle, I will have to buy another large lopper but it will not be Corona. I stopped buying those after they left the USA.

Now, I buy Felco and I know they are expensive but parts are readily available.

These are not made in the USA but my reasoning is that I cannot blame any American company for selling their products abroad nor can I blame any foreign company for doing the same.

Unless the American company can compete on quality, I will buy foreign every time because those foreing companies are producing a product in their own country and providing jobs for their citizens. Our companies are doing the opposite and making few if any jobs in America. Yet, they hope we will continue to support them. I will not.

Comments (7)