Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excell Pressure Washer

Posted by tomdorr FL (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 18:47

I have a XR2500 that is about 8 yrs old and has done a good job. Last year the thermal valve blew and I bought a new one for about 30 bucks. I used it about 5 times and this one blew. On the web some parts schematics show a new model valve and some show a plug with the notation that the valve is no longer needed. Wondering is one is really needed. This one blew after about 30 seconds of no water running thru the hose. Seems a little "touchy" to me.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excell Pressure Washer

Never run your pw with no water running through it or you will damage your pump as you experienced. The water coming in from the garden hose also cools the pump. If you let your pw run without pulling the trigger, the water gets hot. Once it reaches a certain temp, the thermal relief valve opens to let cooler water in. Same concept as the cooling system in your car except the thermal relief valve is the thermastat. If you run your car with no coolant or if the thermastat fails to open, it will overheat rather quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here