Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Simplicity L-1 Walk Behind - need help

Posted by windspinner1 z6 TN (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 18, 10 at 19:23

I just purchased a Simplicity L-1 walk behind tractor with cultivator, disc, wheel weights and sickle mower. I want to restore this and actually use it.

Bad news is the tires are shredded, the engine is not complete and is locked and I think part of the clutch assembly is missing. OTOH the chassis & implements appear in great shape.

Questions. I've searched for a repair/service manual. No luck. I need something that shows the linkages/controls/clutch mechanism. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Will look for a good used/new motor. Looks like I can mout a 3 - 4 hp motor to the chassis, and they may be easier to find. How much bigger motor can I safely use? I don't want to damage the gear reduction system as I'm sure parts are not available.

The serial number is 75233 if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Simplicity L-1 Walk Behind - need help

Is this something like you got ?

Here is a link that might be useful: WB

o
RE: Simplicity L-1 Walk Behind - need help

Yes, that is very similar to mine. Since mine doesn't have tires it's hard to know if it's an exact match.

My handles are closer together and have slightly different bracing.

Thanks for the reply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here