Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowthrower overkill?

Posted by bushleague MA (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 4, 10 at 19:42

I picked up a Honda HS828 snowthrower for short money($100) since the guy was moving, I have just 100 feet to clear, with a 40 foot wide pad in front of my shop, think this is overkill? It doesn't have touch controls since it's a hydro, and you have to push on a handle to turn it.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowthrower overkill?

$100? You STOLE that machine...

o

I live in TX. I have never seen a need to use a snow blower her but I like your pictured presentation.

What was the process of posting your picture in your text vs a link, which I can do with a free version of photobucket.com? Are you using the URL link at the bottom of the message or what is it used for? Thanks! JOW

o

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.,Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 4, 10 at 23:11

I used to live in snow country and I never met anyone that said they had too much snowblower!!
Mike

o

Yep, I agree you can't get a too BIG one.

o

Linking photos is easy with picture trail or photo bucket, there are instruction for such on each site. I don't like the fact that you need to muscle it around to turn it so I'm going to stick with my wheeled version.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 20:51

Overkill...not a chance

o

I live on the North Shore and have the same machine but with wheels. You'll love it. Yeah, $100 is an incredible steal.

o

You better make sure it wasnt stolen for someone to sell you that for $100. Thoes are over a grand new. It looks like its in great shape too.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 22:24

No kidding, that is a heck of a deal. In MA you will likely put it to good use. I am not a big fan of the tracked machines because as you have discovered they are a handful to turn, especially if they won't start.

o

Bush: Nice find and I tought I had found a Great Deal !

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 11:22

About 2 years ago, I got the exact same type of Honda blower in for repair, but I think it was a 6HP motor. It was run out of oil and blown.

I called upon Honda for a shorblock and they said they'd look for one. Honda told me that they were able to come up with ONE, for about $600, and it was the LAST GENUINE SNOWBLOWER 6HP SHORT BLOCK IN THE WORLD.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here