Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leafblower fuel lines connections

Posted by paul_60 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 20:46

I have a Craftsman Blower/Vac model 358.794963 that started leaking gas out onto the housing. Took it apart..separated the two halves and found a leaking fuel line. Its clear tubing. Anyway I disconnected the lines at the carb and pulled the gas tank out too. There was a small fitting that was in the gas tank that apparently fell from its hole it the tank.I cut out the bad part of the cracked line and coupled it back together and reassembled everything. The primer bulb now works backwards, when you prime the bulb goes void and blows into the tank thru the pick up filter. Heres the interesting part, I can actually hold the unit upside down and the primer works! It will fire right up and run untill the gas is burned from the line and bulb then quit. I thought the lines were re-connected backwards but double checked. The fitting that was in the tank was the one I used for the line coupling. There a hole in the tank for something..so I pushed the purge line into it, it was a snug non leak fit and the small fitting didn't fit it correctly. Does the feed line (one with the filter at the end) and the purge line both need to be immersed in gas to operate properly? The small "fitting" I keep referring to is actually very small and looks like a coupling for two same diameter lines. Sorry for the long wind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leafblower fuel lines connections

Oftentimes on Poulan equipment(which is what you got here, 358 is Sears vendor code for Poulan), the small coupling fitting is on the end of the return line, inside the tank, ostensibly to prevent the return line from pulling out.
I would use all new lines and it helps to have enough fuel in the tank such that the fuel filter is completely immersed.
hth

o
RE: Leafblower fuel lines connections(add'l info

And sometimes there will be a coupler fitting in the line between the tank and carb.
hth

o
RE: Leafblower fuel lines connections

Thanks glenam, it will be the weekend before I can tear back into it but will check what you suggested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here