Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_60

Leafblower fuel lines connections

paul_60
13 years ago

I have a Craftsman Blower/Vac model 358.794963 that started leaking gas out onto the housing. Took it apart..separated the two halves and found a leaking fuel line. Its clear tubing. Anyway I disconnected the lines at the carb and pulled the gas tank out too. There was a small fitting that was in the gas tank that apparently fell from its hole it the tank.I cut out the bad part of the cracked line and coupled it back together and reassembled everything. The primer bulb now works backwards, when you prime the bulb goes void and blows into the tank thru the pick up filter. Heres the interesting part, I can actually hold the unit upside down and the primer works! It will fire right up and run untill the gas is burned from the line and bulb then quit. I thought the lines were re-connected backwards but double checked. The fitting that was in the tank was the one I used for the line coupling. There a hole in the tank for something..so I pushed the purge line into it, it was a snug non leak fit and the small fitting didn't fit it correctly. Does the feed line (one with the filter at the end) and the purge line both need to be immersed in gas to operate properly? The small "fitting" I keep referring to is actually very small and looks like a coupling for two same diameter lines. Sorry for the long wind.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia