Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
use of batteries

Posted by rbigg (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 21:16

I've got a Cordless Drill and Light. Both have below mount batteries.

When you charge them up, how long can they stay in the case without running down? Just an average figure is fine.

I'm trying to figure out how often I need to get 'em out and charge them, during periods of non-use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: use of batteries

I think it would depend on the type of batteries.

o

once every 6 months is fine, you can even go a year.

o

It also depends on the maker. For example, I have an older Dewalt 12 v tool with batteries that last much longer than the cheapo Black and Decker 18v. I had no need for more expensive tools because I do not use them often. The B&D batteries run down in about a month. I use the tool one time, let it sit for a while, then it is near dead. I suppose that the higher priced tool batteries would last considerably longer. Suggest trial and error. Just keep a log for a while and test them every 2 months, 3 months, etc.

o

Sounds like what fruitjarfla is saying is that good batteries hold their charge longer than cheap ones. Agree 100%

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here