Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pressure washer cart: front wheels vs. rear

Posted by snakyjake (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 21:29

On the gas pressure washers I noticed some of the carts come with wheels on the front, feet on the back. You lift the cart handle, which lifts the back feet onto the front wheels, then walk the cart. This seems to be more popular on horizontal shafts.

On other carts I notice wheels on the back, feet on the front. You tip the cart back onto the wheels, which lifts the front feet, then walk the cart. This seems to be more popular on vertical shafts.

I've been considering the horizontal shaft because I like the engines and pumps better. However, the cart wheels on the front/feet on the back give me concern. My concern is having to pull the cart up stairs, or a very steep ramp. With the wheels on the front, the cart isn't going to roll up the stairs, and the feet are going to hit a steep ramp.

I'm not sure if this is what really happens, or if there's another method for rolling a cart upstairs that I'm not able to think of.

If my thinking is correct, I'll narrow my search to only rear mounted cart wheels, so this will allow me to roll the cart on the wheels up the stairs.

Thanks,
Jake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pressure washer cart: front wheels vs. rear

This seems to be a "no-brainer".
Am I missing something?
Mine(Generac) is horizontal with real rear wheels. Its really too large, but is great on concrete.
I'd build ramps, these babies are heavy..

o
RE: Pressure washer cart: front wheels vs. rear

I tried loading a Craftsman two-wheeled chipper up my long aluminum ramps, with the wheels going first. HUMPH! I couldn't get it up the ramps, which are 8 ft. long. So i turned the chipper around and put the wheels at the lower end, and it went right up! It isn't powered wheels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here