Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snakyjake

Pressure washer cart: front wheels vs. rear

snakyjake
13 years ago

On the gas pressure washers I noticed some of the carts come with wheels on the front, feet on the back. You lift the cart handle, which lifts the back feet onto the front wheels, then walk the cart. This seems to be more popular on horizontal shafts.

On other carts I notice wheels on the back, feet on the front. You tip the cart back onto the wheels, which lifts the front feet, then walk the cart. This seems to be more popular on vertical shafts.

I've been considering the horizontal shaft because I like the engines and pumps better. However, the cart wheels on the front/feet on the back give me concern. My concern is having to pull the cart up stairs, or a very steep ramp. With the wheels on the front, the cart isn't going to roll up the stairs, and the feet are going to hit a steep ramp.

I'm not sure if this is what really happens, or if there's another method for rolling a cart upstairs that I'm not able to think of.

If my thinking is correct, I'll narrow my search to only rear mounted cart wheels, so this will allow me to roll the cart on the wheels up the stairs.

Thanks,

Jake

Comments (2)