Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poulan 3100 forrester 325 pitch 50 gauge 20'

Posted by pjb2005 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 21:43

Ok you guys are always a wealth of information. My Poulan 3100 20" chainsaw runs wild can't get it to idle think its bought the farm. I have a new bar 20" and several good chains that fit that bar. I am looking at Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar/Makita saws. Ideally a saw that will accept the 20" bar and chains. At least the chains that are 325 pitch 50 gauge. Any of you know what saws take the 325/50 chain and if the bar will fit any of the above saws? I hate to think of buying a new saw and scrapping the bar and chains. I would like at least 16-18" and be able to swap out for the 20" for cutting cord wood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poulan 3100 forrester 325 pitch 50 gauge 20'

Usually the carb. is leaking internally (cracked or gasket problem??)causing the high idle?? (dumping more fuel thus causes saw to race up) or it could be as simple as the throttle hanging up???. I would try close inspection of the linkage, the carb. inspection and rebuild if you haven't already????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here