Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best hammer?

Posted by phaino none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 22:11

I would like to buy my husband a hammer as a gift. While it has sentimental meaning, I would also like for it to be very functional. I have been doing some research online and need some help determining what would be the best choice in terms of brand and weight. Price is not really an issue. He is not a professional carpenter, but does lots of projects around our house, so something very high quality, attractive, and versatile would be best. So far, I have read positive things about Estwing, Snap-on, and Dalluge titanium hammers.....

Thanks in advance for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best hammer?

I have a hammer my wife bought for me 30+ years ago, except for where our dog tried to eat the handle it is still a good hammer. I think she got it a J.C. pennys.

He will like any quality hammer, just get the style and size he likes. Its the thought that counts.

o
RE: Best hammer?

I've had a great old hammer for nearly 60 years. Unfortunately, I don't know the brand. I broke the handle out, so I had to replace that. Then I broke one of the claws off, so I replaced the head. I haven't had real good luck with the handles, and had to replace the head a couple of times, too. But it's a really great hammer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here