Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homelite Super XL fuel line

Posted by groundhogva z6 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 22:34

I have an old Homelite Super XL Automatic (UT #10045A) with a 20 inch bar. The fuel line broke and was wondering how difficult it is to replace. Does anybody have a diagram and/or have information on this repair? In addition, a good place to purchase a fuel line.

Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homelite Super XL fuel line

• Posted by billw 5b - Kansas (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 18:30

I suspect your fuel line uses 2 grommets to go thru the air box and the fuel tank rather than the one piece molded line. I have either one.
Bill Walcott@gmail.com
785-562-3539

o

Billw,

Yes the chain saw uses two grommets. I could see through through the first grommet into the air box and the line connects directly to the carborator. The second grommet, I can't see past it. The fuel line is broken between the grommets. How do you replace this fuel line? Anyone???

Thanks

o

• Posted by billw 5b - Kansas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 18:16

call me.
I have what you need.
Bill Walcott
785-562-3539

o

i have the same saw is it like 28 years old or so? i fished for the gas tank side with a small piece of wire there should be a filter on the end you pull threw the gas tank fill hole. then i pulled it from the carb side when i put it back in i got a piece of hose from a old fashion hardware store, maybe you can go to a place that does repairs on lawnmowers and stuff they should be able to match it up. it was easier then i thought.
john
917-842-1809

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here