Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justme4now

WOW .. What A Tool!

justme4now
9 years ago

My home sits on an acre of forest land covered with eighty foot oaks.

For the last few years I have been using a Husqvarna 125BT leafblower to clear the leaves.
(Never a breakdown and always started on the first pull)

Problem was, it was too underpowered to do the job and would take almost two hours to blow the leaves into small little piles which I would then rake onto a tarp and drag off into the deep forest.

Well, I have solved that problem!!

Just purchased a Husqvarna 150BT!

Wow!

After starting, I accidentally aimed the blower at a large oak and the push back 'Blew' me on my butt!

Took twenty minutes to clear the whole acre!

I'm thinking .. Could I blow snow off my Really long driveway with this monster? :-)

{{gwi:317933}}

Comments (11)

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    9 years ago

I hope you have better experiences with Husqvarna than I have!

• justme4now
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Never had a problem with Husqvarna or Redmax.
    (Two peas in a pod)

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    9 years ago

I have a Husqvarna mower and I have had a lot of problems, safety switches, hubs for the blades breaking for no reason, the electric clutch for the blades burned out, most of the problems started a few day's after the warranty ran out.

I bought a Husqvarna chain saw and it wouldn't start. I took it back and they couldn't get it to start either. They gave me another one, it wouldn't start either. I got my money back and bought an Echo saw. It starts easy every time and cuts like a charm!

Also a Husqvarna leaf blower, it lasted about 4 hours!

I'm glad that you have had better luck than me! Maybe I'm just Jinxed?

• rdaystrom
    9 years ago

wertach, You're jinxed. Husqvarna makes good stuff.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    9 years ago

Yes, I agree, I am jinxed! I'm 90% Irish, Murphy's Law gets me every time!

• Blizzer208
    9 years ago

my experience with Husqvarna 150BT is also better than any other leaf blower.

• loger_gw
    9 years ago

Please post a Pic of those Trees! Being from "The Deep Woods Of East TXâÂÂ, I Miss That Life. I fell I have seen some 80â Red Oak competing with Pine Trees (going for the light with very little brush X firewood or Hardwood).

• JanetHanson
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing guys!

This post was edited by JanetHanson on Thu, Dec 11, 14 at 23:53

• AngieJenkins
    9 years ago

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a new garden tiller; I figure I should purchase it now so I have it when the season begins. I am checking whether anyone has any proposals/suggestions for me. Anything from brand, style, and so on would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• zen_man
    9 years ago

Hi Angie,

You probably should have started a new thread with a suitable title like "Recommendations for a garden tiller" or something that establishes a tiller as the subject.

Also, tillers range from little things that weigh a few pounds and go on up to huge things that weigh hundreds of pounds. What kind of tilling do you anticipate? Sod breaking to make a new garden or light cultivation or seed bed preparation? Or to use the tiller to mix in soil amendments like compost or super phosphate. What about tree roots or rocks in the soil? You should give some idea of what your expectations are in order to invoke helpful proposals about things to consider, things to look for, and whether you should rent, or buy. Or just consider "no-till" as a gardening style.

• Krt1
    9 years ago

I use my backpack blower for snow, on20 by 20 deck , 100' driveway and cars. works great. I stand in one spot on deck and blow snow off it all with barely moving. it is especially good with light fluffy snow. it also gets right down to a bare surface. I use a stihl.