Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a furrower attachment

Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 10:28

Hi Folks,

Decided I want a furrower attachment for the big tiller. If the pic attaches, it's the second one from the left. Don't recall why I took this pic, but since I had it.... The tiller is a 7.5HP, Rear Tine, manual says "MTD Model Series 450." This one has TSC decals, but have seen them with Sears, etc.

I know I've seen the furrowers offered for sale on line only with no pics. Anyone have one or have any info on them? I have the push plow, only the blade is too narrow for my needs. I can get a wider blade for it, but it's almost as much as the furrower for the tiller.

Any input would be appreciated.

I also have two other tillers, one has lived at my brothers since I got it running, the other is a JD which needs a new engine. I'll replace the engine when I need another tiller....:-)

Thanks for your time,

Ev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a furrower attachment

10 inch furrower.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 7:13

Thanks Gator! I didn't think of Sears. Will be in town the first of the week, will stop by the local Sears and order one. From the pic, it's unclear how you attach it to the drag stake or depth adjustment.

Still like to hear from anyone who has one?

Thanks again,

Ev

o

I look at one today tiller just like yours but cub cadet had flat depth gauge that U-bolt fit over and tighten on should work. adjusting depth gauge should give some control my troy bilts back flat stay lifted when put sweep on back.

o

I have a home-made one around here that clamps to the drag stake with a "C" clamp on my Poulan pro, but it is not as large as the one shown.

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 13:45

Hi Folks,

Stopped by Sears and they were able to get to a better photo of the furrower Gator found. Won't fit my tiller without some major modifications.

Called MTD (nice folks, BTW) and they said the tiller I have won't accept a furrower due to the way the depth stake and rear shield are attached. So, guess I'll have to be creative and shape a piece of quarter inch steel and a Ubolt. Hmmm, maybe a "split bolt" (think of splicing two heavy gauge electrical ground wires together) if they come big enough.

Just what I need, another project....:-)

Thanks for all the responses.

Ev

o

Here's a few more available at Agri-Supply. I'm pretty sure Tractor Supply sells them also but couldn't find them on their website. I think most of these are replacements for field cultivators.

Here is a link that might be useful: Agri-Supply furrowers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here