Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy Bilt Junior - Stall Load

Posted by cclaeys UT (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 11:18

I have read through every post possible and tried all of the suggestions...

My jr runs fine, idles fines, runs on high fine, but when I engage the tines, it just guns and craps out. I have a new carb, fuel line, spark plug and oil. I am watching the linkage between the throttle and governor and when I engage the tines, at high speed, the governor pushes the throttle on the carb all the way counter clockwise and then she just dies, if I pull that throttle lever on the carb back in it will continue to run...any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy Bilt Junior - Stall Load

Jets in carb partly stop up use some seafoam in gas see if that clean out if run let set for atime then run again may soften what got block and go on into engine then run under load. If that don't work get kit for carb and clean all passages out with small wire you pull small wire out of wire brush makes good strong small wire you pull Brussels out flat nose pillars.
I got junior I went harbor freight pick up 6 hp matador engine and put on lost reverse but has not any problem to use.

o
RE: Troy Bilt Junior - Stall Load

just wanted to follow up with the goofiest fix ever - I just assumed that the new carb was properly adjusted, ran perfectly except when engaged, opened the main jet a quarter turn and works perfect now, dont forget the basics first I guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here