Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used Ariens 7524 Snowblower Value?

Posted by mjstev01 none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 13:38

Looking at a used Ariens 7524 compact snowblower. Excellent condition, used less than 10 hrs, purchased at HD by original owner 3 years ago for $760-799. Has the 7.5 Tecumseh engine, start 1st pull etc...What would you be willing to pay for this blower? My thoughts are $350-400 would be fair price. You guys? Thanks for help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used Ariens 7524 Snowblower Value?

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 13:33

We have an Ariens 624 that was purchased new, in 2007, for around 800 dollars. It runs well, and starts easily. I always turn off the fuel valve and let the engine run until the carburetor is dry. That helps keep the carb clean and in good working order. This snowblower is pretty heavy, and will not fit into the trunk of our car, so it has never been back to the dealer for maintenance. I do all the maintenance at our house. Fair price on a used snowblower depends on condition. You would have to start it up, engage the augur, and make sure the impeller is turning. The clutch and drive system would need to be checked as well. Make sure the snow chute can be turned. I would likely be willing to pay $500.00 for a used snowblower if I was convinced that it was in good condition.

o
RE: Used Ariens 7524 Snowblower Value?

"Fair price on a used snowblower depends on condition."
and model, size, and location..

Around here, (western NY) a "compact" Ariens like the 7524 is a "light duty" machine, and in less demand than a "full size" machine..and so prices would be lower..

but in areas with less snowfall, it would be a "normal" machine and would command a higher price..
I have also found that prices are higher, in general, for used snowblowers around the larger North-East cities..(Boston, New York city, Philly, etc) than they are in the "snow belts" of Western NY and the Great Lakes areas..where used machines are common as dirt and thus prices are generally lower..So, a lot depends on where you live!

based what you posted (and not factoring in location) I agree that $350 to $400 is a good starting place..maybe $500 in Boston, but thats going to be an unlikely selling price..

Scot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here