Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stihl BG85

Posted by 66markhay66 none (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 14:57

Hello.

I appear to have a fuel leak on my Stihl BG85 Leaf Blower. I need to remove the flywheel to be able to access the leak, how can I remove the flywheel? Please help.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stihl BG85

thing still under warranty???

If not I would first remove covers to look at the carb. IMO most likely it's the carb. leaking (loose mount screws, diaphramn covers, needle and float, crack, or outside change fuel line, but I dought it) Probably running down from the carb. which is mounted on top or towards the top on this model. I see no reason fuel leak under the flywheel. Only thing under their that would even remotely cause leak IMO (crank case leak) would be the screws holding the piston jug onto the crank sump.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here