Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homelite saw / hi-speed dies

Posted by mvron (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 15:44

I have a homelite chainsaw ' model d725cd / ut20761 - that runs OK up until full throttle. It's been sitting for many years. I put some carb cleaner in and left set overnight. When opening up the thottle, it just chokes and will die unless I back off the throttle. It's got a low speed and and hi-speed jet. I assume it has something to do with the hi-speed jet. The hi-speed jet has a red "wing type" screw on it. Any ideas? thanks for all ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homelite saw / hi-speed dies

Was it left sitting for years with fuel in it? You probably need to disassemble and soak the carb 8 hrs (depending on cond) w/o adjustment screws, diaphragm and gaskets on the carb. Then use compressed carb cleaner to verify all ports and passages are open and int fuel screen is clean (above and below). Are the fuel lines soft and sealed air tight at ext and int fittings? Lightly seat and know your carb settings (hi/lo) before removing to have a starting point after cleaning.

Please let us know your results.

o
RE: Homelite saw / hi-speed dies

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 7:22

I don't know if the Homelite uses a spark arrestor screen over the muffler discharge, but if they become covered with soot, it won't run at high speed. Echo has/had this problem. If you have a screen and want to continue using it, remove it and heat it with a propane torch and that black covering will turn to dust.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here