Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Help needed on honda em7000is

loger_gw
10 years ago

I am trying to help a poster with his info in the square below on another board. Are there any tips here that you can share as I am trying to share 2 youtubes. His 475.00 purchase price is hurting me. LOL

I saw two Honda youtubs below related but c/n hear the sound. Walk the dog back by there and share your results to see if he will share more history. Good Luck!

http://www.fixya.com/support/t13105387-looking_list_honda_em7000is_error_codes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhWXOP9EUQ

em7000is no power
Hi im new to this thread infact I have never been on a thread at all but im hoping som else one can help me. The story and problem is this, I had a duracell generator that had 11 hrs on it went camping and the charging system stoped producing voltage after alot of head ache I figured it to be the windings so I sold it for parts. Today I was walking the dog and stumbled onto a honda em7000is for sale for $475. It was not running I was told it needed a starter solinoid but I was thrown off by the fact that it would not start with the coard but for that cheep I knew I could fix anything motor related so as fast as I could grab my walet I payed the man and brought it home. Here is where it changed I hooked up a jump pack and it turned perfect with the key. It would not start though after cleaning the carb it runs like a champ how ever it will not give me voltage at the outlet so now I know he was definatily lieing to me but even worse I can not find any information on how to test the circuit and go about figuring out what I need to replace. I am a mechanic by day and I was an electrician ( we instaled generators not built them) so although I like to believer that I can fix anything I know nothing about the electrical portion of a generator. Any help anyone can offer me would be greatily appreciated. An added not the engine does kinda sound like it is under load and shakes more then I would think it should so I know thats not good but one thing at a time. Thanks for the help, nick

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource