Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joetoe

Honda Snow blowers

John near Toledo
12 years ago

How does the Honda Snow blowers compare with the of the snow blowers?

I am talking about the single stage one's.

Comments (11)

• baymee
    12 years ago

If it's a genuine Honda, I have yet to see anything that is poor quality.

Toro, high end from a dealer, is also a good choice.

• baymee
    12 years ago

Buy either one from a dealer, not Home Despot, et. al.

• John near Toledo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Is the Honda worth the extra money you spend? Toro is $54.00 cheaper?

I have always brought lawnmower from a dealer because the one's you buy at the box stores have a cheaper engine and components on them. You pay for what you get. Then those people that buy from the Box Store blame the manufacture and it is in away there fort by putting the junk on them. But it also is the persons fort that buys the cheap stiff because they did not do their homework.

• ewalk
    12 years ago

I always recommended Honda or Yamaha for that matter for people who did not mind spending more for a quality unit . However lately there seems to be more concerns over many of the Honda fluid drive transmissions. I would check further before spending the xtra , Toro is a proven performer also as Bay has indicated , I have worked on numerous units and they are stout .

• John near Toledo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Does Yamaha make a Snowblower?

I am looking at the Honda HS520A Snowblower. Does this include the Honda fluid drive transmissions?

I have looked to find a Yamaha Snowblower dealer in Ohio and cannot find anything on them. Can you help? I live near Toledo.

• John near Toledo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I would like to know what the Pro's and Con's are on the Honda HS520 and the Toro 621R and the the Simplicity snow blowers SS922EX Models? Yes the Simplicity snow blowers only has the Electric Start that I know of.

I hope we are comparing apples with apples.

I will be buying one of these with in the next month and really need ALL of your input on this.

• baymee
    12 years ago

Yamaha makes a fantastic snowblower. We had one at work to do about 1000 feet of sidewalks and some street work.

It never broke, never stalled out and threw snow easily 30 feet. I think it was about 7HP.

Keep in mind that no 2 stage snowblower will throw slush for long.

• John near Toledo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Does Yamaha make a One Stage Snow-blower?

I cannot find any web site that shows there snow-blowers and what they have.

It sounds as if they make a very strong and powerful one.

• baymee
    12 years ago

http://www.canns-bilco.com/custompage.asp?pg=yamaha

Here is a link that might be useful: canns

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Yeah Yamaha took a 15 yr departure from snowblower production . They began sales again here in Canada last yr . They are a very high quality unit , I would say even marginally better than Honda. However they are very pricy .
    You can Goggle and find numerous info sites.

• baymee
    12 years ago

They are pricy. The auger V belt is about $100, but the original belt is still on and I think it's a model from the 90s.

If I was looking at frequent snowfalls stretched out over a 10-20 year period, I'd buy one. They could be up around $2,000, but that's chump change when you consider that snowblowing isn't fun and you don't want to screw around doing it.