Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's time to tune the Log Splitters Or Handle Smaller Wood.

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 16:21

1. It's time to tune the Log Splitters Or Handle Smaller Wood. I'm doing both due to needed repairs/upgrades. I love 4-6" dia wood, 8" dia Back Stick, 12-18" dia wood quartered or in halves.

2. The North TX temp below 70s will allow me to crank the 1hp 9-12 top splitter.

3. Since I split on the half means friends can help me or I'll help them sharing time or wood.

4. This season is really getting off to a strange start because the friend that called today needs usual welding repairs vs any wood (nor do I have room for a stick, "Yet".

5. I need a Right Arm due to too many lifting chores. The deal is on, I'll Repair his over worked Zero Turn for his 10 acres of cutting. I'll ask him to move some heavy wood that will allow me to burn smaller wood until my arm is rested and well.

6. Trading can get to be a balancing challenge, true friends (from 60s) realize it does not always balance equally per visit. LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's time to tune the Log Splitters Or Handle Smaller Wood.

If your friends need some stressed or broken welds repaired on their Dixon Zero Turn or Ridding Mowers. Take it from me and tell them to just bring the Floating Deck where the repairs are needed “Only” (vs helping to R&R the deck). Even for a friend that is too time consuming vs the welding repairs. I think they will Slow The Mower or Purchase A Tractor to cut th open City Property (that has never been occupied, appearing as Parks but new holes and Etc). This was our 2nd repair in about 5 yrs and I hope our last.

There possibly had to be some neglect for the deck to need as many stressed or broken welds repaired.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 20:02

I used to regularly repair one of those for a doctor who loved to cut his lawn. He bought an entire new "transmission" for his, which I installed, and then about two years later, he bought something new. He asked me if I wanted it free.

I took it, along with the snow plow. The used tranny, I sold on ebay for $150 and the Dixon, I sold for about $400 without the plow.

o

My 1960’s friend is on his 2nd 800.00 trans since his Mid 2,000 used 1,500 purchase. He is sold on the mower’s performance but the repairs are dictating Misuse or more is needed. With Real-Estate (yards, lots and acres, maybe pushing cars), the Zero Turn has to be the most versatile mower but I know my friend forces matters!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here