Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is a good board to work on with Kenmore Elite Refrig/Frezer

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 16:22

What is a good message-board to work on with Kenmore Elite Refrigerator/freezer problems? I looked at a few that did not look friendly. LOL! I hope this is not a violation. loger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is a good board to work on with Kenmore Elite Refrig/Fre

GW has an appliance forum. It seems more geared to what trendy new thing should I buy now rather than repair, but usually a response or two filters in that is helpful. I've googled the model # of my appliances and come up with ways to go that way too.

o

I have used repairclinic.com to get parts to repair an electric stove. Their website has some really basic repair help and then they have a section to shop for parts.

Also, I've found some of the independent repair shops are pretty reasonable on their time and labor around my area. Its the doggone parts that seem to cost an arm and leg.

o

Thanks tomplum and textom! I have googled w/o much luck in finding a good forum IMO and felt someone here might have had a good experience. Basic troubleshooting before calling a Tech vs advertisements is my issue. I�ll try these as PM vs an emergency!! loger

o

Loger: What are the symtoms of your freezer / Fridge ?

o

ewalk, The interior lights are erratically going off or coming on when one of the 3 doors are opened. This includes the cold water dispenser also but you can hear and see the cooling/freezing is fine. The Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator model 795.7724 is 2-3 yrs old. It is at least a yr out of that warranty with 5 yrs on cooling sys. Probably a Board issue since I have played with door switches (externally). A Good Flashlight In The Frig. LOL! loger

o

Loger: Could be something as small as a bad connector or faulty switch , hopefully not the main board could be pricy all the best in your testing !

o

Go to this website. It is Sears and it is good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here