Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna 51 Chainsaw Overheat?

Posted by jcostley CT (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 11 at 17:29

Have been putting my Husky 51 to some larger work on 36" + oak. Now have problem where it runs good for 5 minutes and then stops. Needs to then cool down before restart and the cycle repeats. I think it is overheating but looking for clues. The muffler does not appear to have screen like shown in OM. All rest ok. New plug. Good fuel mix. Have checked other posting but don't see my problem.

This saw is my baby. All help appreciated.

Down in northwest CT hills,

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna 51 Chainsaw Overheat?

Jeff; sounds like more of a coil breaking down issue . Have you checked your sparkplug colour . If your fuel filter was plugged same symtoms could appear also . A loose carburator flange nut or leaking fuel line allowing a overlean condition can also cause this condition check out the plug and other carb situations 1st otherwise I would lean towards the coil .

o
RE: Husqvarna 51 Chainsaw Overheat?

Weak spark makes a rich condition. A dark or wet plug . I would check for leaks if concerned about leanness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here