Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow plow attachment installation:

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 19:49

I was given a snow plow attachment assembly, with blade, mounting bracket, lift arm, and other small parts. It is for an MTD tractor, vintage unknown. But, here are the numbers on the plow blade label:
190-822-OEM-1220. I was told it is for an MTD.
As near as the previous owner can remember, it was for an MTD tractor, which he no longer has, being that he sold it some time ago, and can't remember who to.
He gave me the booklet for the plow assembly and attachment, but it has "flown the coop", or otherwisw run off and hid!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow plow attachment installation:

Rusty it fits into the MTD parts lookup as OEM 190-822 which is a 46" dozer blade and looks like this:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Hey, Bushleague---you hit it right!! Looks eggzactly like the parts i have here.
This one is all assembled, but i wasn't sure i had all of the parts. With no tractor to look at, i wasn't sure it was all there. I traded an older, self propelled walk behind for it.. got the mower in a swap situation-no cost to me.
I'm trying to install it on an old Murray garden tractor type, but may have to give that idea up, and try it on something else, as the frame may not take the pressure. The Murray is a large machine, with large wheels and tires, a Briggs Horizontal twin cylinder, so it will have the power. But, it is going to take some figuring!
Rusty J.

o

I just got one that is made for Murray, and it is a full frame design all the way back to the hitch mounton the back. It has a blade turn adjustment lever on the right side and a raise/lower lever handle on the left. I had just begun to try to attach it to my Murray GT 20hp/52", but had to stop because of darkness. Its hitch mount, was easy to just attach the hitch ball back through it and tighten back on, the raise lower part I havent figured out just yet. I was expecting it to attach to something already there from the mower deck useage, but nothing immediately jumped out at me, so may have to ponder that. Front mount looks like it moounts to the front mower deck bracket. Got mine for $75. If I knew how to send a picture of it I'd do it. Maybe you could email me and I could send you a picture of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here