Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1975 Tory Built Horse Tiller

Posted by little_acorn 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 20:39

I am looking to replace the engine on my 1975 Tory Built Horse Tiller, it came with a Tecumseh 6 HP. and about 10 years ago I replce it with a Briggs 5HP and it never could go 2 inches in the ground, in fact it was lucky to go a inch in the ground before it died. With the Tecumseh 6 HP it would dig 6 to 8 inches and keep digging.

I am looking a a Honda 61/2 HP and a Kohler 6 HP which one is the best of the two? Which one has the gutts to dig 6 to 8 inches in the ground?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1975 Tory Built Horse Tiller

Take look at Harbor freight engine Grayhound 6 1/2 hp overhead valve engine if download there cupon on ste take to store engine be 79.99 if use on farm there no tax most places. I've used mind secse novomber 2008 on 1973 year model with no problems more power than needed. Easy change out this engine Honda knockoff from china made just for Harbor Freight. you need buy 4 new bolts mount engine because metric same length as old and one bolt holds on pulley this bolt sae theads I forgot if nc or nf theads an 5/16 bolt same length as old one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here