Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo PB-250 blower start issue

Posted by ac2211 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 21:02

I have a Echo PB-250 blower that will only start and run with almost full choke only.Blower is only 7 months old.Read that the factory settings are set lean and after intial use the carb mixture needs to be made richer.I am looking to purchase the carb adjustment tool but unable to find one.It has a walbro carb.Was told by lawn mower shop that this tool is available only to shops and not homeowner.Very small high and low adjustment needles.Was thinking of making a tool,any ideas where to purchase this tool or make one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo PB-250 blower start issue

running on full choke usually indicates gummed up carb. and maybe vacuum leak caused by loose screws on the carb. or cracked fuel line/ primer bulb (not likely beings it's not that old). If it has set with Corn gas most likely the carb. passages are almost gummed closed. I would drain and clean the fuel tank and in tank filter, put fresh gas in it and run some additive through it beings it does run. maybe that will remove some of the varnish.

Carb. adjustment tools are available online. First you have to idenify what type of splines the hi and low have. even on some carb. they have limited adjustment so you may not be able to turn them vary far without removing the limiters. I think the carb. is dirty and if you get it cleaned up it will run fine by the way you describe the problem IMO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here