Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yegoose_gw

Echo Chainsaw CS370 Starting Issue

yegoose
13 years ago

Am hoping someone can provide some insights/recommendations as to what to do with my chainsaw problem.

I bought a slightly used Echo Chainsaw CS370 in early 2009. It started just fine when I got it. I used it to cut up some small branches/trees in May of 2009. About 3 months later, it would not start. So I took it to my local Echo dealer and he said I needed a new air filter so I had them replace the filter. It started just fine then in November. I drained the fuel as I only cut a bit of wood once or twice a year. I went out this past weekend, cut for about 30 minutes (it ran really well, no issues at all). I loaded up the wood and drove for about an hour. I had to do a bit more cutting and now it will not start at all.

A friend and I have looked it over and nothing "looks" wrong (took it a part a bit), changed the spark plug, bypassed the "On" switch with a piece of wire as we thought it could have been a faulty on/off switch, but still no luck. Check the air filter and the mesh screen on the intake and it all looks really clean.

The gas I used when it started was the same gas I used an hour later when I refilled it. I even mixed up some new gas but it's just not giving any indication like it's wanting to fire up.

I will try with some new/fresh 92 octane gas (ethanol free.. per other suggestions on this site). I've not messed with the lean mixture yet, but if you think that could help, would be glad to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help on this!

Paul

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler