Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cub Cadet vs Troybilt vs Ariens Snowblower

Posted by wankel 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 22:29

Looking to buy a 24" two-stage snowblower; checked out the Cub Cadet 524SWE, the Troybilt Storm 2410 and the Ariens Compact 24.

Ariens seems to get good reviews on this forum but just wondering if any of you have had experience with the Cub and the Troybilt.

Thanks...
W

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cub Cadet vs Troybilt vs Ariens Snowblower

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.,Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 22:12

Can't speak for ariens or cubcadet, but troybilt is just another MTD product. Some are good and some are just very poorly made. I had an MTD blower I bought new in '98 and when I sold it in '08 due to moving south, it didn't owe me a dime.
Mike

o

I've gone through 4 seasons with my Ariens Compact 24 and it's a great little machine for it's size. It had no problem with the large amounts of snow NJ saw last year.

o

Guys, thanks for feedback. Bought an Ariens Compact 24 the other day at Home Depot (free delivery was the clincher). Also picked up some extra shear pins. I'll let ya know how it works ; )

o

Wankel: You will be glad you paid a little more for the Arien's very capable unit , with a proven track record for reliability . Have Fun Dude !

o

We have a Cub Cadet and it has been a super machine for us. Never have had a bit of trouble with it. We have had it 10 years and it has had a lot of work. We would buy one again...

o

"We have had it 10 years and it has had a lot of work."...Mamy people say this, but you are NOT buying the same machine today that you did 10 years ago. Prices may not have increased substantially, but quality has decreased considerably in the last 10 years.

o

Like your logic Dude ! Especially when it comes to Box Store Blowers of late .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here