Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help to id a troy bilt chipper / shredder screen

Posted by caroles_jungle z10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 22:37

I bought a Troy Bilt Chipper and purchased several screens for it at the time. I sold it some years ago. I thought I gave all the screens to the guy I sold it to but I just found one of the screens in the shed. I never used it. I have no info on the model on the Chipper.

So... I need to ID the screen to see if I can get rid of it. Ha!

I found a similar Chipper on the internet that sort of looks like it but don't know if it is exactly the same. Apparently there are different models.

The measurements on the SCREEN are...

Troy Built Chipper. I think the model is a Tomahawk.
holes 3/8"
14 in long
9 3/4" wide end to end
4" tall

There are no markings on the screen that I can find and I don't have a box. Can anyone help me ID it? Thanks. :)

Here are some photos...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help to id a troy bilt chipper / shredder screen

Another photo of the screen

o

Side view photo

o

This is NOT my chipper. My chipper sort of looked like this one so I was adding the photo just to show you what is sort of looked like. It was on the same kind of stand with the motor on one side and the discharge on the other side. And it weighed a lot.

Interesting that there are NO markings on the screen. I wonder if they sold me generic screens. I did not ask at the time. I just got several screens for different kinds of mulch and never used this one. Anyone know about this screen? Thanks. :)

o

Anyone know about these Troy Bilt screens? Thanks.

o

Looks like my small Troy-bilt Tomahawk discharge chute piece.

Mine is only a 4 hp model. It shreds into small pieces, but my holes are larger, maybe 3/4".

You can change these out by removing three longs pins. I never found the need to have a second one (mine only came with one size), but some folks might like a second. But I suspect that most folks find the starting and running of a seldom-used machine to be plenty of bother just by itself.

My model is underpowered, and I wonder if substituting a discharge with smaller discharge holes would make the problem worse.

o

Thanks for the reply. My Troy Bilt worked just fine on the one screen that was on it. I had plans at the time to mulch weeds and different size leaves etc with the smaller screen but the chipper was so hard to move around. I thought it would be easy because it was on wheels but I am a small person. So I never got to the other screens.

I think it depends on what you are mulching as to how much power you need. A hard wood takes more power than soft woods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here