Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you test a small generator stator?

Posted by zb50 Alabama (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 8, 08 at 23:08

Hi all,

New to the forum, Thanks for all of the great posts on this site. I have a coleman powermate 1850. It's power output is only 5v ac and about the same on the DC outlet. Can someone please tell me how to test the stator? Or what may be going on??

Thanks

Jimmy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you test a small generator stator?

try this site
http://www.endtimesreport.com/dead_gen.html
Sometimes when generators are not used for a time they need to be field flashed.
I feel this is your problem.

o

Thanks! I'll try this and feedback.

Jimmy

o

It Worked!!!!!!!! This is great!,,,, I was about to pull the engine and toss this thing. Well done Rosemallow!!! Very well done. Many thanks.

Jimmy

o

Ditto thanks rosemallow. No need now but I do have a generator.

o

Did you guys use the drill or the light bulbs? I have a Coleman 1850 doing the same thing.

o

I made up the cords with the 3 lights.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here